Organization: Global Environment Facility (GEF)
Position: Senior Climate Change (Adaptation) / Urban Development Specialist
Duty Station: Washington D.C., US
Deadline for Application: 18 September 2017
Experience Requirements: Advanced degree and at least 8 years of directly relevant experience
- Advanced degree in environmental/natural resource management, economics, and policy; urban planning and development; or a closely related field.
- At least eight (8) years of directly relevant national and international experience.
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge on climate change adaptation and urban planning, as well as relevant UNFCCC negotiations on these issues. Broad understanding of the practical, scientific, economic, social, and political dimensions of the climate change agenda, particularly in the context of urban planning and development in GEF eligible countries.
- Understanding of relevant UNFCCC negotiations on adaptation, National Communications, Biennial Update Reporting and Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs)
- Ability to collaborate within a highly diverse organization, and work with multidisciplinary teams. Excellent written and verbal English language skills, and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with peers, managers, and external partners. Knowledge of French or Spanish would also be an advantage.
- Experience and/or interest in topics or issues of strategic importance, such as innovative financial instruments, and gender would be desirable.
- An understanding of GEF’s policies and operations.
Further information about this job, please go to this link.