Palladium is recruiting an experienced Team Leader (TL) to manage a large-scale, complex program in Nepal, supporting national and local governments to strengthen urban resilience to natural disasters and climate change.
The TL will be a senior professional with a proven track record in leadership and program management of politically smart, locally led, adaptive program approaches who can get the best from the skills of the core team (seven people plus short term consultants).
The team leader will also need to demonstrate strategic and leadership direction in one or a combination of the following areas: disaster/climate change/urban resilience, urban planning/development, urban resilient infrastructure and service delivery, disaster risk reduction
- Organization: Palladium
- Position: NURP Team Leader
- Duty Station: Nepal
- Deadline for Application: 28 February 2018
- Master’s degree or significant experience in a relevant field (International Development, disaster resilience, Urban Planning etc.)
- At least 10 years’ practical experience in managing large urban resilience programmes and multiple staff, of a similar size and complexity. Expertise in leadership and programme management, with progressive responsibility managing donor initiatives including adaptive programming approaches in dynamic and evolving contexts.
- Technical expertise in one of the following areas: urban resilience, urban disaster risk reduction, urban climate change adaptation and urban development
- Track record of working with relevant Nepalese national and local government bodies and stakeholders
- Experience working on governance issues and in working with key stakeholders from the public and private sectors
- Aptitude to reflect on how and why different things work in different contexts and familiarity and willingness to engage with politically smart approaches to governance
- Ability to lead, inspire and manage multi-disciplinary professional teams in complex programmes;
- High level of personal integrity and commitment to accountability
- Very strong interpersonal skills, proficient in client and government relationship management
- Proven analytical and planning skills and ability to think critically and strategically