Are you a bright, enthusiastic and ambitious person wanting to apply your skills to help our clients tap into international climate finance with a view to implement investment-grade projects that contribute to building climate resilience on the ground? If so, this advert could be for you.
Acclimatise is looking for a senior consultant with expertise in project identification and development and Green Climate Fund (GCF) readiness to join our advisory team in the UK. As a consultant, the appointed candidate will be involved in many aspects of Acclimatise’s international work and will continually develop their skills working in a vibrant and supportive work environment. The position is a full-time position located in our Oxford office.
Deadline for applications: 7th May 2018 (please, visit the Acclimatise website for potential updates!)
The role entails the following tasks for which you must be fully qualified:
- Identify and design investment-grade adaptation projects and programmes for submission to the GCF and other climate funds by our clients.
- Work with NDAs in delivering GCF readiness, including developing Country Work Programmes for engagement with the GCF.
- Take a proactive role in business development identifying opportunities, proposal writing, management of the delivery of winning bids and other related activities.
To be considered for this position you must fulfil the following essential criteria:
- At least 5 years of relevant consultancy experience in climate finance
- Educated to Master’s level in finance, economics, international development or a closely related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GCF operational modalities, including its project cycle and readiness programme.
- Proven track record and expertise in the design of adaptation projects and programmes for funding under climate funds, e.g. Adaptation Fund, GEF, GCF.
- Experience working on climate change risk management, adaptation, resilience and disaster risk-related topics.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal).
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Fluency (written and verbal) in another language (French, Spanish and/ or Portuguese are preferred).
Interested applicants should send a covering letter and a comprehensive CV to [email protected], and mark your email application with the subject line ‘Senior Consultant- Climate Finance Team’. Emails sent to other Acclimatise email addresses will not be considered.