After two weeks of deliberation by our esteemed judges, we’re delighted to announce the shortlist of photo essays in contention for the People’s Choice winner!
The 2017 ACCCRN Photo Essay Competition is seeking great pictures on urban climate change resilience issues from photographers, practitioners, and those working on climate change in Asia and based in Asia. The pictures are expected to show the impacts of climate and other environmental changes along the impact of urban dynamics, growth and/or decline-driven land use change, human intervention, etc. The story may explain how urban activities impact on an ecosystem, and vice versa.
The shortlist was decided by Will Bugler, a Senior Consultant and Communications Lead at Acclimatise, and the ACCCRN Network team.
Shortlisted photo essays are:
- Rooftop Organic Farming by Sudipto Das, India.
- Underdog Resilience by Sarath Kuttikkatuparambil Thilakan, India.
- Breathing in a Jungle of Concrete by Naeema Jihan Zinia, Bangladesh.
What happens next?
- Log in to www.acccrn.net
- Enjoy the shortlisted photo essays
- Vote for your favourite, or, if you’re shortlisted, encourage your colleagues to vote for you
- Each user can only vote once
The Judge's Choice winner of 2017 ACCCRN Photo Essay Competition and the People’s Choice winner will be announced on 27 March 2017 | Voting closes Friday, 24 March 2017 midnight (UTC 0).
All shortlisted participants will receive an email shortly. Ownership of all entries belongs to ACCCRN Network, notice of our intent to publish will be sent to the chosen submissions.