Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Deadline: 19 January 2018
The overall responsibilities of the Research Fellow are to: develop and implement research on appropriate and scale-specific urban resilience and disaster risk financing mechanisms that will respond to the needs of vulnerable groups and at-risk communities in the region; link SEI’s work on gender with development finance through meaningful research, policy engagement and capacity building; and, complement SEI’s other work on reducing disaster risk and climate change adaptation.
- Develop and implement research on appropriate and scale-specific urban resilience and disaster risk financing mechanisms that will respond to the needs of the vulnerable groups and at-risk communities in the region.
- Link SEI’s work on gender with development finance through meaningful research, policy engagement and capacity building
- Complement SEI’s other work on reducing disaster risk and climate change adaptation.
- Engage multi-stakeholders (i.e. government officials, think tanks, universities, research institutes) to improve the policies and practices for sustainable development in the region.
- Assist in building and expanding strategic partnerships and networking with governments, civil society organizations, private sectors and donors in implementing policy research project activities and developing new research projects.
- A PhD in a relevant discipline or a Master’s Degree paired with equivalent research abilities with a minimum of four years of experience in any relevant field of development finance such as economics, finance, and business management
- At least 3 years of experience working on development, climate, green, or disaster risk finance
- Strong knowledge and understanding of climate change and disaster risk reduction issues in Asia
- Strong knowledge and understanding of development finance, green finance and/or the global climate finance architecture especially in the Asian context
- Track record in conducting research on development finance or wider financial mechanisms (e.g. credit guarantees and green bonds) and their application in Asia
- Strong proposal and technical writing skills
- Strong motivation, personal initiative and commitment to excellence and results, as well as enthusiasm for supporting scientific research and policy engagement
- Demonstrated record of interdisciplinary collaboration, partnership and team building and the desire to work in a collaborative environment under time management
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking English
Submit your application to: https://sei-asia.workable.com/j/19DA6E921C