Organization: UN University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)
Duty Station: Tokyo, Japan
Deadline for Application: 17 January 2018
- The Director should have academic qualifications that lend to UNU-IAS prestige in the international scholarly community and guarantee scientific excellence; guarantee scientific excellence; and provide leadership and guidance for the conduct of the institute’s activities.
- A doctoral qualification in biology, ecology, geography, engineering, natural resources management, public policy, social sciences or a relevant discipline;
- A strong research background and publications in sustainable development;
- Experience in supervising researchers and supporting them to achieve scientific excellence and impact;
- Strong international fundraising skills and past success in securing support from multiple funders;
- A distinguished record of effective administration and research programme leadership, with evidence of research excellence, and cost-effectiveness;
- Experience in sound financial and human resource management;
- The ability to interact with colleagues of diverse cultural backgrounds and ages, and with political representatives and communities in both industrialized and developing countries;
- Proven commitment to human development and the UN's 2030 Agenda supporting sustainable development;
- Proven sensitivity to gender issues; and - Fluency in English (essential); fluency in other UN languages is desirable. Applications from suitably qualified women candidates are particularly encouraged.
Interested applicant, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]