We’re happy to announce that on May 8-10, 2018 at Pier 36 in Lower Manhattan, Smart Cities New York is partnering with POLITICO to host its second annual global conference. This year, we are exploring the Emerging Power of Cities, broadening the narrative about what makes cities “smart” by highlighting the innovations and technologies transforming urban life.
This year’s conference will examine the Emerging Power of Cities, broadening the narrative about what makes cities smart by highlighting the innovations and technologies transforming different facets of urban life:
- Political—climate, trade, governance, growth, and security
- Economic—innovation, technology, energy, infrastructure, production, and finance
- Social—education and training, art and culture, community, equity, justice, and accessibility
Smart Cities New York speaker highlights
- Fahd Al-Rasheed CEO, King Abdullah Economic City (Saudi Arabia)
- Steve Benjamin Mayor, City of Columbia, S.C. and Incoming President of U.S.Conference of Mayors
- LaToya Cantrell Mayor-Elect, City of New Orleans
- Ali Chaudhry Deputy Secretary of Transportation to Governor Andrew M. Cuomo
- Dan Doctoroff CEO, Sidewalk Labs
- Miguel Gamiño, Jr. Chief Technology Officer, City of New York
- Diane Hoskins Co-CEO, Gensler
- Shola Olatoye Chair and Chief Executive Officer, New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA)
- Jeffrey Sachs Director of SDSN, Co-Author of U.S. Cities SDG Index and Professor at Columbia University
- Ken Zimmerman, Director, U.S. Programs, Open Society Foundations
About Smart Cities New York Smart Cities New York (SCNY) is North America’s leading global conference exploring the emerging influence of cities in shaping the future. With the global smart city market expected to grow to $1.6 trillion within the next three years, Smart Cities New York is Powered by People and guided this year by its “Emerging Power Of Cities” theme. The conference brings together top thought leaders and senior members of the private and public sector to discuss investments in physical and digital infrastructure, health, education, sustainability, security, mobility, workforce development, and more, to ensure cities are central to advancing and improving urban life.
About POLITICO POLITICO is the global authority on politics, policy, and the power surrounding their intersection. We have the most robust news operation and information service in the world specializing in politics and policy, which informs the most influential audience in the world with more insight, edge, focus and authority than any other publication.