The Ecosystems Research and Development Bureau (ERDB) of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) will be holding a Forum on Urban Resilience to Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction Management Strategies (2017 ASEAN Urban Resilience Forum). The Congress will be held on 04-08 December 2017 in Laoag City, Ilocos Norte, Philippines. The main objective of the Congress is to provide a forum for the exchange of information on strategies and experiences in addressing climate change and urban resilience among ASEAN-member states including their dialogue and development partners.
Themes and subthemes of the Forum include the following:
1. Tools and Methodologies for Climate Change Impacts Assessments
- Risks, Hazards, and Vulnerability Assessment
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory and Life Cycle Analysis
- Urban Environment and Natural Resources Accounting and Valuation
- Institutional Capacity Assessment
- GIS Remote Sensing for Climate Change Impact Assessment
2. Urban Resilience and Green Growth Strategies
- Green Growth Strategies
- Mass Transport
- Renewable Energy
- Green Building or Sustainable Infrastructure
- Human Settlement and Green Spaces
- Water Governance and Management
- Urban Resiliency Assessment and Gender Roles
- Waste Management Programs
- Land Use Change
3. Institutional Structures, Policies and Programs
- National Policies and Local Urban Initiatives
- Land Use Planning and Zoning of Urban Areas
- Green Building Code
- Energy Fuel Policy
4. Management Strategies for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Disaster Prevention and Preparedness
- Disaster Response, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
- Adaptation Strategies and Coping Mechanisms
- Development of Financing Facilities for Adaptation
- Sustainable Financing for Urban Resilience to Climate Change
Applicants must submit an abstract of their research to [email protected]. Submission of abstracts is extended until 29 September 2017. Other guidelines are indicated in the attached brochure and poster.
ORAL PRESENTERS of the Forum are entitled to a full scholarship, i.e., free airfare, accommodation, meals and entrance fees to field trips. For POSTER PRESENTERS, only airfare shall not be covered by the Organizers.
Please visit and like/follow our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/2017UrbanResilienceForum for updates regarding the Forum.