ACCCRN Internship Program
Hello! We are very excited that you are interested in joining our internship program. As you may already guess, we have great programs for you and we welcome you to join us anytime in the year but we expect you to at least be able to intern for a minimum of 2 months to allow yourself to get the full experience and learn a lot from our internship program.
The ACCCRN internship program offers challenging and exciting activities, where you can experience working with urban climate change resilience practitioners in Asia. You can choose between the following programs to join:
- Create and execute an event on one of ACCCRN’s issues: Inclusive Urban Climate Change Resilience, Urban Planning, Urban and Ecosystem services, Disaster Management, and relevant UCCR issues;
- Experience working in our policy advocacy activities in one of ACCCRN countries;
- Be part of our Knowledge Management team and contribute in the creation of UCCR lessons learned or database;
- Research on UCCR-related topic in ACCCRN core countries.
We would love to have interns with a variety of backgrounds from urban planning, climate change, policy, to communication and community engagement so please feel free to reach out to us and we will try to find a good internship program that suits you. However we expect you to have the following qualifications:
- Major in urban planning, climate change, policy advocacy, governance, international development, communication, community engagement and development, or other similar subjects;
- Applicants are responsible for transportation to and from the country office of internship, and to cover their own accommodation. This is an unpaid internship.
- If you don’t have any degree but you have relevant working experience, you can also apply to join this program.
You can expect to receive the following during your internship:
- Costs for business travel required by the ACCCRN Regional Network secretariat (only when needed);
- Full access to our resources;
- Full orientation on ACCCRN Regional Network;
- Training on Urban Climate Change Resilience (UCCR);
- Be part of the network of UCCR practitioners in Asia and globally
If you are interested in joining our internship program please download and fill in this form.
At this time, we can only accept up to 3 interns in a year, therefore we will select the candidates based on the relevance your interests to our programs.
We are looking forward to receiving your application and working with you!
For further information or application submission, please contact:
The application for the 2017 internship is now closed. Thank you for expressing your interest in our internship program.